Just 30 minutes from Cape Town!
We treat every guest to traditional South African hospitality while your accommodation is elegant & stylish! Discover the true spirit of the Winelands in the all-embracing scenic splendour of the Paarl area from our doorstep. Wake up to the fresh bouquet of the early morning mountain breeze.
In the evening – relax with a glass of South Africa’s finest wine, and mull over the day’s meander at the crackling fireplace or at our hospitality bar. The memories of our warm, cosy atmosphere, sincere hospitality and personal care will always be etched in your mind and bring you back for more – like so many before.
Auberge de Courtrai is your home away from home.
We are Pet Friendly!
The town Paarl, encompasses a blend of tradition and innovation and offers the following attractions:
- The Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve
- A choice of 20 cellars on the wine route
- Fine examples of early South African architecture
- The Afrikaans Language Monument
- Bird watching – 136 species recorded in this area
- Bird Sanctuary
- Top restaurants, scenic hikes, trout fishing, and many more!
A few exciting suggestions for an unforgettable experience:
- Champagne Breakfast on horseback or sunset ride through the vineyards!
- Hot air ballooning with a spectacular view of our scenic area!
- Picnic and braai at Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve!
- Snack Buffet with local wine at the Afrikaans Language Monument!
- Wine, Brandy, Port or Cheese tasting at surrounding estates!
- Hiking or horse riding in Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve!
- Visit a Nut Farm, including a tasting various different varieties of nuts and dried fruit!
- We will advise you on many other exciting activities, not mentioned here!
Our Room Accommodation and pricing – stylish and elegant, yet homely!
Two priorities on the itinerary of most overseas tourists to South Africa are: To view the wildlife and to visit the picturesque winelands of the Cape. Both of these aspects are captured in the luxurious country hotel, Auberge de Courtrai, situated in historic Paarl, which is a 25 minute drive from Cape Town. Many years ago wild animals roamed in the same Berg River Valley, which is now home to South Africa’s top vineyards.
Auberge de Courtrai is a modern, luxurious country hotel which combines the Africa theme in an elegant, stylish manner with décor in earthy colours and focussing on the animal kingdom. From the moment you walk through the front door into the impressive entrance hall, the elegance and charm of this well loved and meticulously maintained establishment will be apparent.
Here at the Auberge de Courtrai, the discerning visitor can stay in the cheetah, leopard, elephant, lion, zebra, monkey, impala or giraffe bedroom, all en suite, while enjoying traditional South African hospitality.
Auberge de Courtrai offers you the following distinguished facilities:
- Nine spacious bedrooms en suite including a Family Room, 4 people sleeping
- Television, air-conditioning, mini-bar and telephone as standard features
- Scrumptious South African breakfast
- Dinner on request in our spacious dining room with crackling log fire during winter.
- Satellite TV
- Conference facilities for up to 14 people
- Faxing and Internet facilities
- Courtesy bus available for transport to the airport or Cape Town
- Sparkling swimming pool
- Patio, with barbeque facilities and spectacular view of Du Toitskloof
- Secure parking
- Wireless internet
For that special occasion, the Auberge de Courtrai can provide 40 guests, with Zettie’s renowned Cape cuisine at its best! Please note, prior arrangement is required.
For rates and reservations contact Kontrei Traveller at +27 218711715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org