138 Marine Beachfront Guesthouse
Bed & Breakfast Accommodation in Sandbaai
138 Marine is a National Award-winning, upmarket guest house with spectacular sea views, only five minutes from the centre of Hermanus.
It is one of the few luxury guesthouses in the Hermanus area which is situated right at the beachfront with spectacular sea front views.. This is the perfect romantic getaway, close to unspoiled beaches, two popular golf courses, and at the gateway of the Hermanus Wine Route.
Spend lazy, sun-filled afternoons on the spacious terrace with panoramic views of the ocean and the surrounding mountains. Relax with a glass of estate wine on the deck next to the beach, or in front of the cosy open fire place and enjoy spectacular African sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean. Or stroll along the coastal path among rock pools, sea shells and fynbos bordering the guesthouse.
The extensive breakfast menu changes daily. On request, a picnic can be provided to enjoy on the beach in front of the guest house, and on-site wellness therapies can be arranged.
- Six Luxurious designer suites with superbly stylish décor
- King or queen-sized beds decked in 400-thread count Percale linen
- Underfloor heating
- Heated towel rails
- Satellite TV
- Wireless internet access
- Complimentary tea & coffee making facilities
- Electronic safes
- Ceiling fans
- Spacious sun terrace with magnificent sea and mountain views
- Balcony with stunning views of the sun setting over the Atlantic Ocean
- Complimentary sherry and port
- Roaring log fire in winter
- Off-street parking
- Laundry service – same day
Oyster Room (superior)
Breathtaking, panoramic sea and mountain views from four windows, including balcony; king-size bed (or twin beds), en suite designer bathroom with free-standing slipper bath, shower and twin basins.
Abalone Room (luxury)
Spectacular sea and mountain views from queen-size bed and balcony, and even from spacious shower in en suite bathroom.
Coral Room (luxury)
Stunning sea view from exquisite open plan bath in bedroom and queen-size bed; en suite bathroom with twin basins and shower.
Periwinkle Room (luxury)
Special romantic ambience with stylishly decorated queen-size bed, decked in 400-thread count percale linen; en suite bathroom with twin basins and shower.
Seastar Room (superior)
Fabulous sea views from three windows; special king-size bed (or twin beds); beautiful en suite designer bathroom with bath and shower.
Mussel Room (luxury)
Huge windows with sea and mountain views; King-size bed (or twins), and two small single beds on request; En suite bathroom with shower, bath and twin basins; Private patio.
Information and assistance with bookings, as well as activity planning are offered by our staff.
- Whale watching from our bedrooms and guest lounge (June to Dec) details
- Boat-based whale watching (June to Dec) details
- Great white shark cage diving or viewing details
- Hermanus and Arabella Golf Courses details
- Mountain hikes and bird watching in Fernkloof and Harold Porter Nature Reserves details
- Beaches ideal for surfing and swimming
- Cliff and beach walks
- Picturesque coastline drives along the southernmost tip of Africa
- Wine estate trips and wine tasting (15 wineries in the area; 1 hour from Stellenbosch and Franschhoek wine routes and 1,5 hours from Robertson and Montagu wine area)
- Arts and crafts markets, and museums
- Art and Music Festivals
- Netting of rock lobster/crayfish from boat (in season)
- Scuba diving and snorkelling
- Boat trips to Dyer Island (seals, sharks, whales, birds and penguins)
- Kayaking on sea
- Horse riding on beaches
- Quad Biking
- Tree top slides