Cederberg Guest Cottages
For a first-class experience, come to the Cederberg and enjoy the mountain scenery and the many activities Mount Ceder, located in a valley surrounded by mountains has to offer.
With the Groot Rivier running through the farm, wonderful bird life and stunning scenery the abundant opportunity for many outdoor pursuits or to just remain at your house or cottage and relax. In addition to the opportunities for hiking and swimming on the property, we are also within driving distance of many other of the Cederberg attraction.
Mount Ceder Houses
Leeustert, Melkbos & Kliphuis (Sleeps 2)
These three Eco houses are situated approximately 1km from reception tucked away in the rugged Cederberg mountains.
Each house with twin beds, bathroom with shower, and indoor fireplace. Kitchen area with fridge, two plate gas stove and all utensils and crockery needed. Private with views of surrounding mountains and olive groves. Powered by gas and solar energy. Please note that this cottage does not have any air-con or ceiling fans and it is not possible to use a hairdryer.
Peperboom, Olienhout and Kamferboom (Sleeps 4)
These houses are approximately 30 meters away from each other. Spectacular scenery all round. 5 minutes’ walk from the river.
These 3 cottages each have one bedroom with a double bed and 2 single beds in the living room area. Small kitchen with fridge, microwave, Stove with oven, etc. Big fireplace inside with a braai area outside. Suitable for couple with kids. Aircon in bedroom.
Kareeboom (Sleeps 8)
Kareeboom is located at the foot of the surrounding mountains and has a lush green lawn in front of the large stoep leading into the house. The house is large and spacious and can accommodate up to 8 guests, with two bathrooms, one en-suite bedroom, two twin bedrooms and a loft room, making it an ideal house for a large family. There is a comfortable living area with an indoor fireplace for warmth in winter and an outdoor fireplace to braai/barbeque. There is a large kitchen, scullery, and dining room as well as a dining table outside on the terrace.
Cederberg Camping (3 Sites)
Situated in the Valley across the river from the restaurant. The 3 sites each have a private ablution and wash-up facility, as well as a braai area.
Puntjie (Sleeps 6)
Set against a small koppie, this house offers privacy and beautiful views of the surrounding valley. One bedroom with a double bed, one with 2 x 3/4 beds and 2 single beds in the living room area.
Two full bathrooms. Fireplace inside and a braai area outside. Enjoy the jacuzzi on the front veranda. It is 5 – 10 minutes’ walk from the river. Air con in rooms
Taaibos (Sleeps 6)
Lovely private house overlooking the river. Two bedrooms downstairs with 3/4 beds and a loft bedroom with 2 single beds. Two bathrooms with showers only. One shower is wheelchair accessible. Fireplace inside with a braai area outside on the veranda. Fully equipped kitchen. Air con in rooms.
Waboomhoek (Sleeps 6)
One on-suite double bedroom with bath and shower, twin on-suite bedroom with bath and a loft room with 2 single beds and bathroom with shower downstairs near the river. Fireplace inside and braai area outside. Fully equipped kitchen. Air con in rooms.
Klipbokkop (Sleeps 6)
Our luxury stone house, situated on the ridge with magnificent views both up and down river. This house has an en-suite double bedroom, an en-suite twin bedroom and a loft, twin bedroom, with its own bathroom, located on the ground floor. With air-conditioning/heating in the bedrooms, heated towel rails in the bathrooms. Fully equipped kitchen. Fireplace inside and braai area outside. Jacuzzi on deck overlooking the valley below.
Blinkberg (Sleeps 6)
House with plenty of privacy. En-suite double bedroom with bath and shower. En-suite twin bedroom with bath. Loft room with 2 single beds and bathroom with shower downstairs. Fully equipped kitchen. Fireplace inside and braai area outside. Air con in rooms.
Old Millhouse Restaurant
Serving sumptuous, home-cooked meals, the Old Millhouse is the ideal place to begin your day with a hearty breakfast, or to relax at the end of the day with a glass of fine wine and a wholesome, three-course meal. Breakfasts, dinners and formal meals need to be booked in advance.
Braai packs can also be ordered from reception and include a selection of meats and some salad. Remember to pick up some firewood at reception.
- MTB – Newly built single track, and family Olive grove track
- Kayak in the Groot rivier
- Waterfall Rockpool hike and to the top of the mountains for magnificent views
- Olive grove tour & olive oil tasting
- Tour of the olive grove and working farm; olive oil making and tasting. End with a Sundowner. Harvest your own olives (in season) and pickle them at home to impress your friends
- Olive oil tasting - Learn about olive oil making and taste up to four different olive oils at our Tasting Room.
- Secret Cederberg Sundowner - Easy guided walk to two rock art sites. Plus 30-minute hike to Riet rivier canyon viewpoint and back for sundowners. Duration: 2,5-3 hours.
- Secret Cederberg half day hike - Introduction to fynbos; learn about ancient rock art on a short wilderness walk to iconic rock art and rock formations; ending at the Riet rivier canyon viewpoint. Packed meal included (brunch, lunch or sundowner). Duration: 3-4 hours.
- Junior Ranger Adventures - Learn about rock art; Archery; fishing in the pond; scavenger hunts and more.
- Gaze at the stars and make a wish!
- Secret Cederberg 3-day Glamping at Giant's Campsite
- Secret Cederberg Full day hike - This 6-hour hike is for those with a sense of exploration. Clamber through caves, crevasses and otherworldly arches to discover the fascinating and unique rock formation and rock art that has been kept a secret for many years. Packed meal included (brunch, lunch or sundowner).
- Two-night wilderness camping (slack packing; all meals included). Explore inside caves and dramatic rock formation, visit multiple ancient rock art sites and enjoy many viewpoints into Riet rivier Canyon. Spectacular stargazing with guided night sky talk. Bespoke itinerary – can accommodate multi-day hikes, short hikes or relaxing at camp. Booking of up to 6 guests.