West Coast Flower Tour
4 Days / 3 Nights, Bed & Breakfast
DAY 1: DARLING, WEST COAST NATIONAL PARK, VELDDRIF, CLANWILLIAM
- Depart at 08h00 from Paarl and travel to Darling (78km ± 1h10min).
- Stop at Duckitt Orchid Nursery (± 3km) outside Darling and view the wide variety of orchids grown there.
- Visit the Darling Sweet factory and tasting room for a sweet sensation.
- Leave for the Tienie Versfeld Nature Reserve (12km ± 10min) outside Darling where an abundance of Sandveld flowers are found.
- Next stop is the West Coast National Park (13km ± 10min) with spectacular scenery of animals, flowers and oceans. The Geelbek Restaurant is conveniently located in the park for a lunch for your own account.
- Departure after lunch to Velddrif - Bokkomlaan (58km ± 35min) on the way to Clanwilliam.
- From there we travel to our destination and stop at the Piekeniers-kloof Pass (104km ± 1h10min) lookout point with a sporadic view over the plains - Kardoesie Padstal is also there for a last pitstop.
- Arrive at Clanwilliam Guest House (62km ± 45min), our destination for the next 3 nights. An ideal place to spend the night exploring the area.
- Dinner at one of the restaurants in town for your own account.
DAY 2: VANRHYNSDORP, NIEUWOUDTVILLE, CLANWILLIAM (± 266km)
- Enjoy breakfast at the guest house before we depart at 08h00 to Vanrhynsdorp (83km ± 55min).
- On the way to our destination there will be several flower viewings along the way.
- Take a quick tour through Vanrhynsdorp and stop at the original old Prison where the Museum has been located since the 1970s. Also home to the Knechtsvlakte Succulent Nursery, and we visit the Kokerboom Nursery, apparently the largest natural succulent nursery in the world.
- Our next stop is Nieuwoudtville (50km ± 35min) for an abundance of flower viewing with a kaleidoscope of colors and other interesting attractions such as; Papkuilsfontein Flower Route, Matjiesfontein Flower Route and Padstal; Green River, The Glacier Road, Hantam Botanical Gardens, Nieuwoudtville Flower Reserve, The 'Trekpad' Flower Route, Nieuwoudtville Waterfall, The Kokerboom Forest etc.
- Lunch somewhere along the way for your own account.
- Our knowledgeable guide and driver will ensure that a quality flower day is experienced.
- We depart to Clanwilliam (133km) for dinner at one of the restaurants in town for your own account.
DAY 3: CLANWILLIAM AND SURROUNDINGS (± 262km)
- After breakfast we will explore the floral splendor and attractions in and around Clanwilliam area.
- Places to visit on the agenda include; Rooibos tea factory, Old Prison Museum, Rooibos Tea House, Biedow Valley (68km ± 55min), Ramskop Nature Reserve with 350 types of flowers, Lamberts Bay and Bird Island (63km ± 40min).
- Lunch for your own account.
- After the day's exploration we have a Farewell Braai at the Guest House to conclude the flower tour.
DAY 4: RIEBEEK WEST, RIEBEEK KASTEEL, PAARL (± 248km)
- Stop for the last time at Piekenierskloof Pass (62km ± 45min) lookout point.
- Our next stop on the way back is Riebeek West - Allesverloren (96km ± 60min), for the best wine tasting experience!
- Lunch for your own account at the Pleasant Pheasant, a family-style restaurant located on the beautiful Allesverloren wine estate.
- After lunch we travel to Riebeek Kasteel (5km) and peek in at the Olive Boutique and the Plain Square with its picturesque shops and trinkets.
- The last part of the drive we travel via Hermon, Wellington to Paarl (84km ± 55min).
(Price may differ for smaller group sizes.)
2021 GROUP TOUR DATES:
16 – 19 Aug • 23 – 26 Aug • 30 Aug – 2 Sept • 6 – 9 Sept • 13 – 16 Sept • 20 – 23 Sept • 27 – 30 Sept
Individual and Selfdriving tours are not part of tour dates, but depends on demand and availability.